Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Big Weekend

So Joe and I had our first date since Isaac has been born on Friday. In fact, it was our first date in quite a while. Leading up to the day he was born we both stayed very busy and tired. Not to mention the fact that I was miserably large and had no clothes that fit comfortably. Isaac stayed here at the house with my mom while Joe and I went to Bahama Breeze in Raleigh. It's this great Caribbean food restaurant. I had jerk salmon with a mango, apple chutney, Caribbean rice and plantains and Joe had jerk chicken with cinnamon mashed sweet potatoes and plantains. We both really enjoyed our meal and the time we got to spend together. We were only gone for a total of two hours but it was still nice and I was excited to get home to see my sweet baby boy. I don't think he even realized we were gone.

Saturday we had some friends over for dinner. The plan had been for everyone to bring the meat of their choosing, we would supply sides and Joe would grill everything, but unfortunately it rained most of the day so we went with plan B and picked up barbecue. It wasn't raining heavy by the time everyone got here but oh well. We invited two couples from our church and a girl Joe works with and her husband, and one of the couples from church had friends up for the weekend so they came too. It was definitely a full house but we really enjoyed it.

Sunday we went to church and Isaac and I sat in while Joe taught Sunday school. He wanted my honest opinion about whether his lesson was boring. I thought it was actually really interesting. I learned a lot that I didn't know. After that we stopped by my Dad's house to see him, his girlfriend (Sheila) and my brother. We stayed there about an hour and a half before coming home. Then we just relaxed for the rest of the day.

Yesterday I had my 6 week postpartum check-up at the doctor. No one thought to get a picture of Isaac and the doctor who delivered him so I meant to get a picture of the two of them yesterday but left home without the camera like a genius. Oh well. We were supposed to go to home fellowship yesterday but Joe wasn't feeling well and I was having trouble finding...support...let's just say that Isaac threw up all over me twice yesterday and the washer and dryer weren't fast enough to get everything clean. If you don't know what I'm talking about, that's okay. Well, I'm off to get something to eat, feed my son, and do some light cleaning before Joe gets home tonight. It never ends.

No comments: